Sunday, March 10, 2013

Craft Show

I did survive the show although I was exhausted when i got home.  I did sell 1 small ornament, 1 rattle and one jar, so the show was semi-successful.  didn't make my table fee but then from talking to other crafters neither did they.  the crowd was halfway decent but from what i saw they were buying cheap.  the lady on one side was selling those kitchen towells that have a crocheted loop to attach the hand towell to one's stove or fridge for $2.50 each or 3 for $5.  she was busy for most of the day.  the guy on the other side was selling hand woven bracelets, dog collars, leashes priced from $5 to $15 and he was relatively busy too although he said it was only a fair day for him.. there was a lot of interest and a lot of people took cards and some even gave me their email addys for a mailing list so....onward and upward...one lady invited me to attend another craft show at the Fire Museum in Cincinnati, a ladies night out type of thing with drinks and appetizers, etc. it actually sounds like it could be a fun night.   in no way am i discouraged, disappointed yes, but not discouraged.  i remember doing a spring show way back in the day with stained glass and it wasn't all that successful either so we'll head toward the  fall shows.  i always did well with them.  so i'll just consider this my maiden voyage, take a couple of weeks off, get some of my inventory  loaded onto my etsy shop and make more.....lol
 
Oh, i did buy some citrus pealers from the tupperware lady.....ROTFLMAO

No comments:

Post a Comment