Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Good Week!....so far!


Yesterday my husband and I celebrated ouf 41st wedding
anniversary. 

When I woke up I found this scrumptious bouquet on the table.  In addition to funds to do some serious stash building, he gives me chocolate!  Does the man know me or what...lol....  We went out to lunch at Red Lobster and it was scrumptious too (thanks Tiff). 

Two typical old farts sitting there and rehashing our wedding day and missing those who are no longer with us that were with us 41 years ago.  We came to the conclusion  that all in all  it's been a hell of a ride....lol...!!





This week I purchased two new books. 

 Hand-Stitched Boxes by Meg Evans.  This book is oh so yummy!  It contains instructions and ideas galore to make a lot of different type boxes using different materials and many different techniques. 

Do you like plastic canvas:?    Do you like crewel embroidery, counted cross stitch or needlepoint?  Or do you just like pretty fabrics?  This book not only has all this and more, but it gives you different levels of expertise to guide you.  Everything from very simple easy to put together boxes, to the more elaborate and involved drop sided boxes.  I just luv those drop sided boxes.....lol

I've already picked out my first project....lol!  Needless to say it has a 5* rating for difficulty....lol.....Surprised?  I didn't think so.  Unfortunately, I'm going to need to do some stash 
building before I actually get started on it!





Chock full of information about goldwork and it's accoutrements.  Something I've been interested in learning more about but haven't got the necessary stash to go with it....lol....YET!

Anyway, I've got a lot of reading and stash building before I can much of anything from either of these books.

















1 comment:

  1. Congratulations dear, on the 22th of April me and DH make 40. Enyoed in visiting your blog. Loredana

    ReplyDelete