Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tudor Rose and needlebox

Sorry the picture is blurred but I dropped my camera a while back and it's never been the same since.  I tried french knots, beads and some fillet stitches and nothing looked right.  The tiny, tiny gold beads i tried wouldn't stand up so all you saw was gold holes, the small gold and/or red seed beads were too big, the fillet stitching was just a mess, so i ended up using satin stitch for the center after all.  As you can see the rose itself is about two inches small and I still have some more outlining to do before it's totally finished.  Not perfect but considering how long it's been since I've done any satin stitching at all, it's not bad.   I can't tell  you how many hours I've got invested in this little rose not to mention the  All I know for sure is that I would never have finished this without my magnifying lamp....ya know, it's a B*TCH getting old!
My tudor rose as of 9-28-11

No comments:

Post a Comment